If you think Yasiel Puig’s real home run celebrations are excessive, check out his video game celebration

May 13, 2014, 1:00 PM EST

Yasiel Puig catches a lot of guff for his home run celebrations. Or his fly ball celebrations. Basically, the dude flips his bat all the time and no one much likes that.

But check out what he does when he hits a walkoff grand slam — playing as himself — in a video game:

I love the “Hallelujah!”

Can you imagine what would happen if he yelled that at Madison Bumgarner or Gerrit Cole or someone the next time he hit a homer in real life? Heck, if I find a genie in a bottle any time soon I’m thinking that would be my first two wishes.

1. braddavery - May 13, 2014 at 1:04 PM

He clearly loves the game. What a D-bag.

• ilovegspot - May 13, 2014 at 4:49 PM

No shortage of jealous trolls in this thread.

• infieldhit - May 13, 2014 at 5:38 PM

There’s plenty of major leaguers with amazing talent, but it’s only Puig that people complain about because of jealousy?

2. DelawarePhilliesFan - May 13, 2014 at 1:27 PM

You never would have seen Babe Ruth do that in “Walter Johnsons BaseBall for the Parlor” board game.

Old School

3. gothapotamus90210 - May 13, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Where’s Vicente Padilla when you need him?

• DelawarePhilliesFan - May 13, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Are you implying there was a time when Padilla was needed?

• infieldhit - May 13, 2014 at 5:29 PM

It’s better to have Padilla and not need him, than need Padilla and not have him.

• gothapotamus90210 - May 14, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Padilla may have been the sheriff before McCann.

4. unclemosesgreen - May 13, 2014 at 1:28 PM

That was amazing – I watched it 3 times. It’s too bad the video ends there – I’m pretty sure he was just getting started.

5. illuminancer - May 13, 2014 at 1:31 PM

So in the game, does he celebrate on fly balls that don’t go out, or on home runs that are turned into triples because he’s standing there admiring them?

• beepbeepbeeplgb - May 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM

beat me to it. i was looking for a bat flip on the first foul fly ball, that would have been funny.

6. hansob - May 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Back in my day, if you did that, you got a glass of Crystal Pepsi in the face.

• DelawarePhilliesFan - May 13, 2014 at 3:04 PM

love it! I can still see hear that damn commercial with Van Hager “Ohhhhhhhhh, rig-h-h-h-h-h-t now!”

7. apkyletexas - May 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM

“Can you imagine what would happen if he yelled that at Madison Bumgarner or Gerrit Cole or someone the next time he hit a homer in real life?”

Yes I can – I’ll bet Travis Snider would toss Puig around like a rag doll and Russell Martin would try to fight the entire Dodger team. And I’ll bet the Pirates would win 8 out of the next 11 against the Cards, Reds and Giants.

Just a premonition – not like I’d base that on any historical data.

• anxovies - May 13, 2014 at 7:13 PM

They would surround him at home plate and attack him with bats and knives and eat his liver and heart. That’s after McCann stomped him before he reached home and Don Drysdale rose from the grave and beaned him.

• apkyletexas - May 13, 2014 at 8:52 PM

exactly

8. Dr. Dodger - May 13, 2014 at 1:44 PM

If he were to celebrate like that in a real game in his next at bat the first pitch would be between the ears. Thats just the way the game is regulated.

• moogro - May 13, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Stern Father, I fear and respect the order you create in the universe.

• brazcubas - May 13, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Exactly, it’s like dear ol’ Pop is fond of saying: “If anyone is ever happy that they beat you at something, punch ‘em in the face.”

9. infieldhit - May 13, 2014 at 5:35 PM

In one of the NHL games for the SNES, if you scored a goal, the player would raise his arms and hop up and down. It might’ve also been if you won a fight. I guess it was because the programmers didn’t have access to YouTube for research?

10. davidpom50 - May 13, 2014 at 8:04 PM

If you enjoyed that, here’s a 45 minute video of Puig playing against Hunter Pence. It’s everything you would imagine Puig playing video games against Pence would be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ze5PqY-Ap8

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester