May 14, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
So many interesting details in this story about A-Rod from New York Magazine. Among them:
- A source close to him says A-Rod has “put baseball out of his mind. He’s very much unplugged from the Yankees.”
- He’s far more interested in his business ventures and is spending his time in his office and looking to expand his investment portfolio
- His ex-wife Cynthia, however, says that he’s still committed to baseball has dropped ten pounds and that “he works out twice a day and he looks lean and fit”
- Cynthia also says that Rodriguez seems “balanced and focused” to her and that he’s “really present in the girls’ lives, showing up at school events,” she said.
That all sounds rather good for him, I suppose. Getting his life balance back, being a good dad and keeping himself open to the possibilities of both being done with baseball and returning, depending on what happens in the spring. One could even spin a Best Shape of His Life angle out of those comments from his ex-wife.
Of course, if I worked for the Post or the Daily News I’d spin it as A-Rod still being all about the money, indecisive and using his ex-wife, his kids and his workout regime as a prop to cynically manipulate everyone. I mean, you gotta sell newspapers.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)