May 14, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Following Saturday’s start against the Brewers in which he allowed four runs in 5 1/3 innings, Yankees starter CC Sabathia landed on the disabled list due to fluid build-up in his right knee, which required draining.
Per Meredith Marakovits of the YES Network, Yankees GM Brian Cashman says that Sabathia is dealing with “degenerative changes” in his knee, adding that the left-hander will receive a cortisone shot with stem cells on Thursday and that there is no timetable for his return.
Marakovits added, for perspective:
CC’s knee stability is fine. No miniscal tear. Andruw Jones, Carlos Beltran, Hideki Matsui among those who’ve had success w/ same treatment
— Meredith Marakovits (@M_Marakovits) May 14, 2014
Over eight starts spanning 46 innings, Sabathia has a 5.28 ERA with a 48/10 K/BB ratio. He has allowed a whopping 58 hits, though, and ten of them are home runs.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)