May 14, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Following Saturday’s start against the Brewers in which he allowed four runs in 5 1/3 innings, Yankees starter CC Sabathia landed on the disabled list due to fluid build-up in his right knee, which required draining.
Per Meredith Marakovits of the YES Network, Yankees GM Brian Cashman says that Sabathia is dealing with “degenerative changes” in his knee, adding that the left-hander will receive a cortisone shot with stem cells on Thursday and that there is no timetable for his return.
Marakovits added, for perspective:
CC’s knee stability is fine. No miniscal tear. Andruw Jones, Carlos Beltran, Hideki Matsui among those who’ve had success w/ same treatment
— Meredith Marakovits (@M_Marakovits) May 14, 2014
Over eight starts spanning 46 innings, Sabathia has a 5.28 ERA with a 48/10 K/BB ratio. He has allowed a whopping 58 hits, though, and ten of them are home runs.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 27
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)