May 14, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Following Saturday’s start against the Brewers in which he allowed four runs in 5 1/3 innings, Yankees starter CC Sabathia landed on the disabled list due to fluid build-up in his right knee, which required draining.
Per Meredith Marakovits of the YES Network, Yankees GM Brian Cashman says that Sabathia is dealing with “degenerative changes” in his knee, adding that the left-hander will receive a cortisone shot with stem cells on Thursday and that there is no timetable for his return.
Marakovits added, for perspective:
CC’s knee stability is fine. No miniscal tear. Andruw Jones, Carlos Beltran, Hideki Matsui among those who’ve had success w/ same treatment
— Meredith Marakovits (@M_Marakovits) May 14, 2014
Over eight starts spanning 46 innings, Sabathia has a 5.28 ERA with a 48/10 K/BB ratio. He has allowed a whopping 58 hits, though, and ten of them are home runs.
- Report: Cuban free agent infielder Hector Olivera could have damaged ulnar collateral ligament 0
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 11
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 9
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 138
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (138)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)