May 14, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Following Saturday’s start against the Brewers in which he allowed four runs in 5 1/3 innings, Yankees starter CC Sabathia landed on the disabled list due to fluid build-up in his right knee, which required draining.
Per Meredith Marakovits of the YES Network, Yankees GM Brian Cashman says that Sabathia is dealing with “degenerative changes” in his knee, adding that the left-hander will receive a cortisone shot with stem cells on Thursday and that there is no timetable for his return.
Marakovits added, for perspective:
CC’s knee stability is fine. No miniscal tear. Andruw Jones, Carlos Beltran, Hideki Matsui among those who’ve had success w/ same treatment
— Meredith Marakovits (@M_Marakovits) May 14, 2014
Over eight starts spanning 46 innings, Sabathia has a 5.28 ERA with a 48/10 K/BB ratio. He has allowed a whopping 58 hits, though, and ten of them are home runs.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 11
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 26
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 50
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)