May 14, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
In activating Carlos Quentin from the disabled list the Padres also sent Kyle Blanks back to Triple-A, demoting the 27-year-old outfielder without giving him much of a shot for playing time.
Joe Stiglich of CSNBayArea.com reported earlier this week that the A’s are interested in trading for Blanks, whose power and plate discipline could be a nice fit in a part-time role with Oakland.
San Diego may want to keep Blanks around as insurance considering how often Quentin tends to need time on the disabled list, but at this point it seems safe to say that the former top prospect would get more of an opportunity elsewhere.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $18,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Wednesday night’s MLB games. It’s only $2 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:07pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 178
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (196)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)