May 14, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
In activating Carlos Quentin from the disabled list the Padres also sent Kyle Blanks back to Triple-A, demoting the 27-year-old outfielder without giving him much of a shot for playing time.
Joe Stiglich of CSNBayArea.com reported earlier this week that the A’s are interested in trading for Blanks, whose power and plate discipline could be a nice fit in a part-time role with Oakland.
San Diego may want to keep Blanks around as insurance considering how often Quentin tends to need time on the disabled list, but at this point it seems safe to say that the former top prospect would get more of an opportunity elsewhere.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $18,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Wednesday night’s MLB games. It’s only $2 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:07pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)