May 14, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
In activating Carlos Quentin from the disabled list the Padres also sent Kyle Blanks back to Triple-A, demoting the 27-year-old outfielder without giving him much of a shot for playing time.
Joe Stiglich of CSNBayArea.com reported earlier this week that the A’s are interested in trading for Blanks, whose power and plate discipline could be a nice fit in a part-time role with Oakland.
San Diego may want to keep Blanks around as insurance considering how often Quentin tends to need time on the disabled list, but at this point it seems safe to say that the former top prospect would get more of an opportunity elsewhere.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $18,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Wednesday night’s MLB games. It’s only $2 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:07pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)