May 14, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
In activating Carlos Quentin from the disabled list the Padres also sent Kyle Blanks back to Triple-A, demoting the 27-year-old outfielder without giving him much of a shot for playing time.
Joe Stiglich of CSNBayArea.com reported earlier this week that the A’s are interested in trading for Blanks, whose power and plate discipline could be a nice fit in a part-time role with Oakland.
San Diego may want to keep Blanks around as insurance considering how often Quentin tends to need time on the disabled list, but at this point it seems safe to say that the former top prospect would get more of an opportunity elsewhere.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $18,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Wednesday night’s MLB games. It’s only $2 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:07pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 51
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (265)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)