May 14, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
In activating Carlos Quentin from the disabled list the Padres also sent Kyle Blanks back to Triple-A, demoting the 27-year-old outfielder without giving him much of a shot for playing time.
Joe Stiglich of CSNBayArea.com reported earlier this week that the A’s are interested in trading for Blanks, whose power and plate discipline could be a nice fit in a part-time role with Oakland.
San Diego may want to keep Blanks around as insurance considering how often Quentin tends to need time on the disabled list, but at this point it seems safe to say that the former top prospect would get more of an opportunity elsewhere.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $18,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Wednesday night’s MLB games. It’s only $2 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:07pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 64
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 64
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29