May 14, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Last week our own Joe Posnanski created the Intentional Walk Rage System. Then he updated it the other day with Ron Washington’s epically bad intentional walk of David Ortiz.
Today, Chris Teeter of Beyond the Box Score evaluates all of the intentional walks of the 2014 season using Joe’s system. You’ll be shocked to see that that Ortiz walk was only the seventh worst all year. You’ll also find out which manager, on average, issues the most rage-worthy intentional walks.
Very neat stuff.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 13
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 64
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)