May 14, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Last week our own Joe Posnanski created the Intentional Walk Rage System. Then he updated it the other day with Ron Washington’s epically bad intentional walk of David Ortiz.
Today, Chris Teeter of Beyond the Box Score evaluates all of the intentional walks of the 2014 season using Joe’s system. You’ll be shocked to see that that Ortiz walk was only the seventh worst all year. You’ll also find out which manager, on average, issues the most rage-worthy intentional walks.
Very neat stuff.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11