May 14, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Last week our own Joe Posnanski created the Intentional Walk Rage System. Then he updated it the other day with Ron Washington’s epically bad intentional walk of David Ortiz.
Today, Chris Teeter of Beyond the Box Score evaluates all of the intentional walks of the 2014 season using Joe’s system. You’ll be shocked to see that that Ortiz walk was only the seventh worst all year. You’ll also find out which manager, on average, issues the most rage-worthy intentional walks.
Very neat stuff.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (187)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)