May 15, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
The Blue Jays have placed outfielder Colby Rasmus on the 15-day disabled list with right hamstring tightness. In a corresponding roster move, outfielder Anthony Gose has been recalled from Triple-A Buffalo.
Rasmus suffered the injury during Monday’s game. He originally hoped to make it back to the lineup within a few days, but apparently needs some extended rest. Gose and Kevin Pillar will share playing time in center field during his absence.
Coming off an .840 OPS last season, Rasmus is batting .222/.266/.489 with nine home runs and 19 RBI through 143 plate appearances this year.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 3
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 26
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)