May 15, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
The Blue Jays have placed outfielder Colby Rasmus on the 15-day disabled list with right hamstring tightness. In a corresponding roster move, outfielder Anthony Gose has been recalled from Triple-A Buffalo.
Rasmus suffered the injury during Monday’s game. He originally hoped to make it back to the lineup within a few days, but apparently needs some extended rest. Gose and Kevin Pillar will share playing time in center field during his absence.
Coming off an .840 OPS last season, Rasmus is batting .222/.266/.489 with nine home runs and 19 RBI through 143 plate appearances this year.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)