May 15, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
The Blue Jays have placed outfielder Colby Rasmus on the 15-day disabled list with right hamstring tightness. In a corresponding roster move, outfielder Anthony Gose has been recalled from Triple-A Buffalo.
Rasmus suffered the injury during Monday’s game. He originally hoped to make it back to the lineup within a few days, but apparently needs some extended rest. Gose and Kevin Pillar will share playing time in center field during his absence.
Coming off an .840 OPS last season, Rasmus is batting .222/.266/.489 with nine home runs and 19 RBI through 143 plate appearances this year.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)