May 15, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
The Blue Jays have placed outfielder Colby Rasmus on the 15-day disabled list with right hamstring tightness. In a corresponding roster move, outfielder Anthony Gose has been recalled from Triple-A Buffalo.
Rasmus suffered the injury during Monday’s game. He originally hoped to make it back to the lineup within a few days, but apparently needs some extended rest. Gose and Kevin Pillar will share playing time in center field during his absence.
Coming off an .840 OPS last season, Rasmus is batting .222/.266/.489 with nine home runs and 19 RBI through 143 plate appearances this year.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 33
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)