May 15, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
The Blue Jays have placed outfielder Colby Rasmus on the 15-day disabled list with right hamstring tightness. In a corresponding roster move, outfielder Anthony Gose has been recalled from Triple-A Buffalo.
Rasmus suffered the injury during Monday’s game. He originally hoped to make it back to the lineup within a few days, but apparently needs some extended rest. Gose and Kevin Pillar will share playing time in center field during his absence.
Coming off an .840 OPS last season, Rasmus is batting .222/.266/.489 with nine home runs and 19 RBI through 143 plate appearances this year.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 21
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 22
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)