May 15, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Your Friday: better than Jose Fernandez’s:
Marlins star pitcher Jose Fernandez is scheduled to have Tommy John surgery Friday morning in Los Angeles, league sources said . . . Noted surgeon Neal ElAttrache will perform the surgery.
Actually, his Friday will likely still be better. Sure, that whole reconstructive surgery part is gonna stink, but he still got a $2 million signing bonus a couple of years ago, is making $635,000 this year regardless and, by the time his elbow is healed, will be on track to make millions and millions more. Yes, that’s the future, but he can sit in his hospital bed, chat with Dr. ElAttrache about how cool it is to be young, talented awesome and rich and then maybe watch a ballgame or whatever.
Yeah, a good Friday, all things considered.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)