The promo for “Ghostbusters Night” in Toledo is probably better than “Ghostbusters Night” in Toledo will be

May 15, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT

We’ve seen a lot more movie-themed nights at minor league parks recently. Star Wars nights, things like that. Well, in Toledo they’re doing “Ghostbusters Night” and they got Bill Murray to do the promo. His performance — doing his Harry Caray impersonation — is better than many of his post-“Groundhog Day”-pre-Wes Anderson/Sofia Coppola movies:

Now: they need to do “The Conversation Night” at some ballpark. I’m guessing Gene Hackman would bigtime them, but Cindy Williams is probably available. She could say “play ball!” a bunch of different times in a bunch of different inflections to the point where we have no idea what is going on.

1. scatterbrian - May 15, 2014 at 4:15 PM

“…better than many of his post-”Groundhog Day”-pre-Wes Anderson/Sofia Coppola movies.”

Sounds like someone needs to revisit Larger Than Life.

2. scoutsaysweitersisabust - May 15, 2014 at 4:33 PM

My goodness, he looks absolutely terrible in that video. Like he just woke up from a 4 day bender.

• aceshigh11 - May 15, 2014 at 4:53 PM

The lighting is very unflattering…way too bright.

And he IS 63. Looks fine to me.

3. proudlycanadian - May 15, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I would have been more interested if it was set in Toledo Spain. There are many historic buildings in that City that are probably haunted.

• historiophiliac - May 15, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Hey! My grandpa played for the Mud Hens. Be nice.

• proudlycanadian - May 15, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Have you ever been to Spain? Toledo is fascinating.

• historiophiliac - May 15, 2014 at 6:21 PM

No, but I’ve been to Oklahoma….

• proudlycanadian - May 15, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I was thinking of that song. However, I have no desire to go to Oklahoma because I understand that that the corn is not as high as an elephant’s eye.

• historiophiliac - May 15, 2014 at 6:27 PM

But you can watch a hawk making lazy circles in the sky.

• proudlycanadian - May 15, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Agreed; however, I can do that here. Besides, poor Jud is dead.

4. musketmaniac - May 15, 2014 at 10:35 PM

minor league baseball can be very entertaining.

A's, Tigers big winners at trade deadline