May 15, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Twins outfielder Josh Willingham has been cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment after sitting out since the first week of the season with a wrist injury from a hit by pitch.
Tyler Mason of FSN North reports that Willingham will rehab at Triple-A Rochester after convincing the Twins he was healthy by taking batting practice today.
Willingham was a fantastic free agent pickup for the Twins in 2012, having a career season in Year 1 of a three-year, $21 million deal, but he was injured and ineffective for most of last season and now at age 35 played just six games before going on the DL this year.
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 3
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 35
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)