May 16, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick reports that Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu threw 75 pitches in a simulated game at Camelback Ranch on Friday afternoon, which went well. Gurnick adds that manager Don Mattingly is confident that Ryu will return to the team soon, but wouldn’t confirm if he would start on Wednesday.
Ryu landed on the disabled list after his April 27 start against the Rockies with shoulder inflammation. The start was his second-worst of the season. Overall, Ryu has a 3.00 ERA and a 31/11 K/BB ratio in 39 innings.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 5
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)