May 16, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick reports that Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu threw 75 pitches in a simulated game at Camelback Ranch on Friday afternoon, which went well. Gurnick adds that manager Don Mattingly is confident that Ryu will return to the team soon, but wouldn’t confirm if he would start on Wednesday.
Ryu landed on the disabled list after his April 27 start against the Rockies with shoulder inflammation. The start was his second-worst of the season. Overall, Ryu has a 3.00 ERA and a 31/11 K/BB ratio in 39 innings.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)