May 16, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick reports that Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu threw 75 pitches in a simulated game at Camelback Ranch on Friday afternoon, which went well. Gurnick adds that manager Don Mattingly is confident that Ryu will return to the team soon, but wouldn’t confirm if he would start on Wednesday.
Ryu landed on the disabled list after his April 27 start against the Rockies with shoulder inflammation. The start was his second-worst of the season. Overall, Ryu has a 3.00 ERA and a 31/11 K/BB ratio in 39 innings.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)