May 16, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick reports that Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu threw 75 pitches in a simulated game at Camelback Ranch on Friday afternoon, which went well. Gurnick adds that manager Don Mattingly is confident that Ryu will return to the team soon, but wouldn’t confirm if he would start on Wednesday.
Ryu landed on the disabled list after his April 27 start against the Rockies with shoulder inflammation. The start was his second-worst of the season. Overall, Ryu has a 3.00 ERA and a 31/11 K/BB ratio in 39 innings.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)