May 16, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick reports that Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu threw 75 pitches in a simulated game at Camelback Ranch on Friday afternoon, which went well. Gurnick adds that manager Don Mattingly is confident that Ryu will return to the team soon, but wouldn’t confirm if he would start on Wednesday.
Ryu landed on the disabled list after his April 27 start against the Rockies with shoulder inflammation. The start was his second-worst of the season. Overall, Ryu has a 3.00 ERA and a 31/11 K/BB ratio in 39 innings.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 1
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 27
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 20
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 28
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)