May 16, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
“He’s kept himself as close as he can to staying in baseball shape with some of the drills he’s done,” Scioscia said, adding that it’s hoped Hamilton can start playing rehabilitation games in a week or so.
Worth noting that the Angels are 22-18 and are only 2.5 back of the A’s, despite Oakland being one of the hotter teams in baseball. If Hamilton comes back hitting the way he was when he left, the Angels could make the AL West pretty darn interesting.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 24
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)