Must-Click Link: The Cubs accidentally commemorated old Comiskey Park in a mural at Wrigley

May 16, 2014, 9:45 AM EST

Image (2) picard-facepalm1.jpg for post 4308

Floyd Sullivan of ChicagoNow has made a deliciously hilarious discovery. One of the murals the Cubs have painted on the walls of Wrigley Field to celebrate the park’s 100th anniversary — Charles Lindbergh visiting a Chicago ballpark in 1927 — is actually a picture of Lindbergh at Comiskey Park. Go read his post about it, as he has photographic evidence showing how he figured it out.

In other news, whoever is in charge of the murals at Wrigley is probably not answering his phone today.

(I first saw this story at CBSSports.com)

1. Old Gator - May 16, 2014 at 9:50 AM

You have to believe that whomever is in charge of the murals at Wrigley has also had substantial input into the last century and change of the Cubs’ draft picks.

2. rickset - May 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Old Gator – I wanted to thank you for posting about Cow Chip Cookies last week. I was in Seattle at the time and that place was unreal!

• Old Gator - May 16, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Ain’t it just? Great cookies, though the cappuccino is about on the same level as Starbuck’s. Those guys also need to be commended for coming up with one of the great promotional hooks in recorded memory.

Glad you enjoyed it – it’s one of those places I always make a beeline for whenever I go to Seattle, along with my obligatory homage to the Crapper at Doc Maynard’s, the Model A at the Boeing Air Museum, the smoked salmon alfredo pasta at Ivar’s, and of course, the Lenin statue in Fremont.

• Reflex - May 16, 2014 at 2:43 PM

You forgot to mention Beth’s Café. Seriously, Beth’s is the only place to be at 2AM.

3. rayburns - May 16, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Yes, but they had a cake to to commemorate the murals …

oh wait…

4. yahmule - May 16, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Well, that was very Cubsy thing to do, now wasn’t it?

5. coryfor3 - May 16, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Why can this team not get anything right despite ownership and management changes? It’s like…I don’t know….there is a curse or something.

6. moogro - May 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I thought it was obvious at first glance. I don’t understand why an expert was needed.

7. garybrian - May 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM

They can’t do ANYTHING right!

8. professor59 - May 17, 2014 at 10:08 PM

You can kinda make out the artist’s name in the bottom corner…”Bartman”.

Uh-oh.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (3909)