May 16, 2014, 8:27 AM EDT
As a cat person, I was quite pleased to see the video that blew up on Wednesday in which a cat unleashed holy hell on that dog attacking that four-year-old kid. If you’ve been under a rock since then, here it is:
As a cat person and a baseball person, I am quite pleased to see this:
The Bakersfield Blaze — the Class A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds — has reached out to the cat’s people hoping to get Tara (that’s her name) to make the ceremonial first pitch at a game next week.
A rep for the team tells us … the owner of the cat ACCEPTED THE OFFER … and Tara (along with the boy she saved) will take the mound to throw out the first pitch on May 20th.
The team has confirmed it:
Update: Tara the Hero Cat and family will throw out the first pitch on Tuesday, May 20th, and BOGO offer for fans donating animal food/toy!
— Bakersfield Blaze (@BakoBlaze) May 16, 2014
Of course, as a cat person, I fully expect the cat to be an uncooperative jackass at the game because cats pretty much do whatever the hell they want to do and never stick to the script. Which, of course, is one of the many reasons why I love cats.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)