May 16, 2014, 8:27 AM EST
As a cat person, I was quite pleased to see the video that blew up on Wednesday in which a cat unleashed holy hell on that dog attacking that four-year-old kid. If you’ve been under a rock since then, here it is:
As a cat person and a baseball person, I am quite pleased to see this:
The Bakersfield Blaze — the Class A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds — has reached out to the cat’s people hoping to get Tara (that’s her name) to make the ceremonial first pitch at a game next week.
A rep for the team tells us … the owner of the cat ACCEPTED THE OFFER … and Tara (along with the boy she saved) will take the mound to throw out the first pitch on May 20th.
The team has confirmed it:
Update: Tara the Hero Cat and family will throw out the first pitch on Tuesday, May 20th, and BOGO offer for fans donating animal food/toy!
— Bakersfield Blaze (@BakoBlaze) May 16, 2014
Of course, as a cat person, I fully expect the cat to be an uncooperative jackass at the game because cats pretty much do whatever the hell they want to do and never stick to the script. Which, of course, is one of the many reasons why I love cats.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 118
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 30
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 35
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (124)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)