May 16, 2014, 8:27 AM EDT
As a cat person, I was quite pleased to see the video that blew up on Wednesday in which a cat unleashed holy hell on that dog attacking that four-year-old kid. If you’ve been under a rock since then, here it is:
As a cat person and a baseball person, I am quite pleased to see this:
The Bakersfield Blaze — the Class A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds — has reached out to the cat’s people hoping to get Tara (that’s her name) to make the ceremonial first pitch at a game next week.
A rep for the team tells us … the owner of the cat ACCEPTED THE OFFER … and Tara (along with the boy she saved) will take the mound to throw out the first pitch on May 20th.
The team has confirmed it:
Update: Tara the Hero Cat and family will throw out the first pitch on Tuesday, May 20th, and BOGO offer for fans donating animal food/toy!
— Bakersfield Blaze (@BakoBlaze) May 16, 2014
Of course, as a cat person, I fully expect the cat to be an uncooperative jackass at the game because cats pretty much do whatever the hell they want to do and never stick to the script. Which, of course, is one of the many reasons why I love cats.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 10
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)