May 16, 2014, 8:27 AM EDT
As a cat person, I was quite pleased to see the video that blew up on Wednesday in which a cat unleashed holy hell on that dog attacking that four-year-old kid. If you’ve been under a rock since then, here it is:
As a cat person and a baseball person, I am quite pleased to see this:
The Bakersfield Blaze — the Class A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds — has reached out to the cat’s people hoping to get Tara (that’s her name) to make the ceremonial first pitch at a game next week.
A rep for the team tells us … the owner of the cat ACCEPTED THE OFFER … and Tara (along with the boy she saved) will take the mound to throw out the first pitch on May 20th.
The team has confirmed it:
Update: Tara the Hero Cat and family will throw out the first pitch on Tuesday, May 20th, and BOGO offer for fans donating animal food/toy!
— Bakersfield Blaze (@BakoBlaze) May 16, 2014
Of course, as a cat person, I fully expect the cat to be an uncooperative jackass at the game because cats pretty much do whatever the hell they want to do and never stick to the script. Which, of course, is one of the many reasons why I love cats.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)