May 16, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
Danny Salazar debuted with the Indians last year and made quite an impression, posting a 3.12 ERA in ten starts. This after some promising numbers as he rose through the minor leagues. This year, however, he has been awful, going 1-4 with a 5.53 ERA, walking more batters than he walked last year and allowing way more hits.
That was enough for the Indians: they just optioned him to Triple-A Columbus. To replace him on the roster they called up left Kyle Crockett from Double-A Akron.
Assuming Salazar figures it out in the minors, he’ll be back soon. He’s way too important to the Indians future not to be.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)