May 16, 2014, 3:09 PM EST
Danny Salazar debuted with the Indians last year and made quite an impression, posting a 3.12 ERA in ten starts. This after some promising numbers as he rose through the minor leagues. This year, however, he has been awful, going 1-4 with a 5.53 ERA, walking more batters than he walked last year and allowing way more hits.
That was enough for the Indians: they just optioned him to Triple-A Columbus. To replace him on the roster they called up left Kyle Crockett from Double-A Akron.
Assuming Salazar figures it out in the minors, he’ll be back soon. He’s way too important to the Indians future not to be.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 17
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 49
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)