May 16, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
Danny Salazar debuted with the Indians last year and made quite an impression, posting a 3.12 ERA in ten starts. This after some promising numbers as he rose through the minor leagues. This year, however, he has been awful, going 1-4 with a 5.53 ERA, walking more batters than he walked last year and allowing way more hits.
That was enough for the Indians: they just optioned him to Triple-A Columbus. To replace him on the roster they called up left Kyle Crockett from Double-A Akron.
Assuming Salazar figures it out in the minors, he’ll be back soon. He’s way too important to the Indians future not to be.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 46
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 25
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 7
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)