May 17, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian reports that the Indians could get DH Jason Giambi back as early as Tuesday. Manager Terry Francona says Giambi won’t need to go out on a rehab assignment in the minor leagues. They would prefer to activate him on Tuesday rather than Monday as the Indians will be facing a left-handed starter in Drew Smyly of the Tigers.
Giambi, 43, has been out since May 3 with a strained right calf. He was hitless in 11 plate appearances to begin the season. Giambi had begun the season on the disabled list due to a broken rib after he was hit by a pitch during spring training.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 3
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 67
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)