May 17, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
Cashner was off to a great start this year, starting nine games with a 2.35 ERA and 47/17 K/BB ratio in 57 innings to build off a breakout 2013 campaign in which he joined the rotation full time with a 3.09 ERA in 175 innings.
Durability has always been an issue for Cashner and last season he topped his previous career-high workload by nearly 60 innings, but both in terms of velocity and performance there’s been little sign of trouble until now.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 6
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 8
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)