May 17, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
Cashner was off to a great start this year, starting nine games with a 2.35 ERA and 47/17 K/BB ratio in 57 innings to build off a breakout 2013 campaign in which he joined the rotation full time with a 3.09 ERA in 175 innings.
Durability has always been an issue for Cashner and last season he topped his previous career-high workload by nearly 60 innings, but both in terms of velocity and performance there’s been little sign of trouble until now.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 14
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 56
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)