May 18, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Sportsnet’s Barry Davis reports that the Blue Jays have optioned prospect Marcus Stroman to Triple-A Buffalo. The Jays haven’t made a corresponding roster move, but since the team is off on Monday, they won’t have to make a move until Tuesday in Boston.
Stroman, expected to contribute as a starter for the Jays long-term, served out of the bullpen and struggled in five appearances — his first taste of major league competition. The right-hander allowed 10 runs (nine earned) on 13 hits and a walk while striking out four in 6 1/3 innings. Stroman was ranked the #27 overall prospect going into the season by Baseball Prospectus. Despite the struggles, the Jays’ faith in Stroman shouldn’t move at all.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)