May 18, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Mariners DH Corey Hart left Sunday’s game against the Twins after straining his left hamstring stealing second base in the top of the fourth inning, reports Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune. Hart took himself out of the game without waiting for a trainer, and he was replaced on second base by Stefen Romero. Hart will be reevaluated on Monday.
Hart, who suffered from a strained right forearm during spring training, hasn’t done much at the plate through the first month and a half of the regular season. He entered this afternoon’s game slashing .210/.292/.355 with five home runs and 17 RBI in 154 plate appearances.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)