May 18, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Mariners DH Corey Hart left Sunday’s game against the Twins after straining his left hamstring stealing second base in the top of the fourth inning, reports Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune. Hart took himself out of the game without waiting for a trainer, and he was replaced on second base by Stefen Romero. Hart will be reevaluated on Monday.
Hart, who suffered from a strained right forearm during spring training, hasn’t done much at the plate through the first month and a half of the regular season. He entered this afternoon’s game slashing .210/.292/.355 with five home runs and 17 RBI in 154 plate appearances.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 45
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 123
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (123)