May 18, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Mariners DH Corey Hart left Sunday’s game against the Twins after straining his left hamstring stealing second base in the top of the fourth inning, reports Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune. Hart took himself out of the game without waiting for a trainer, and he was replaced on second base by Stefen Romero. Hart will be reevaluated on Monday.
Hart, who suffered from a strained right forearm during spring training, hasn’t done much at the plate through the first month and a half of the regular season. He entered this afternoon’s game slashing .210/.292/.355 with five home runs and 17 RBI in 154 plate appearances.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)