May 18, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
Mariners DH Corey Hart left Sunday’s game against the Twins after straining his left hamstring stealing second base in the top of the fourth inning, reports Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune. Hart took himself out of the game without waiting for a trainer, and he was replaced on second base by Stefen Romero. Hart will be reevaluated on Monday.
Hart, who suffered from a strained right forearm during spring training, hasn’t done much at the plate through the first month and a half of the regular season. He entered this afternoon’s game slashing .210/.292/.355 with five home runs and 17 RBI in 154 plate appearances.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)