May 18, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
Mariners DH Corey Hart left Sunday’s game against the Twins after straining his left hamstring stealing second base in the top of the fourth inning, reports Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune. Hart took himself out of the game without waiting for a trainer, and he was replaced on second base by Stefen Romero. Hart will be reevaluated on Monday.
Hart, who suffered from a strained right forearm during spring training, hasn’t done much at the plate through the first month and a half of the regular season. He entered this afternoon’s game slashing .210/.292/.355 with five home runs and 17 RBI in 154 plate appearances.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)