May 18, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
Still a fantastic performance for Duffy, as Kansas City’s lefty allowed just two hits and didn’t walk anyone. And it wasn’t just cool, it was needed: O’s pitchers held the Royals to only one run, and Duffy’s zeroes gave KC the 1-0 win.
Duffy’s ERA is now 1.42, and he finally has a win as a starter under his belt for 2014 following two pretty good outings that ended up in losses. I presume after this he’s in the rotation to stay.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)