May 18, 2014, 9:48 AM EST
Still a fantastic performance for Duffy, as Kansas City’s lefty allowed just two hits and didn’t walk anyone. And it wasn’t just cool, it was needed: O’s pitchers held the Royals to only one run, and Duffy’s zeroes gave KC the 1-0 win.
Duffy’s ERA is now 1.42, and he finally has a win as a starter under his belt for 2014 following two pretty good outings that ended up in losses. I presume after this he’s in the rotation to stay.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 4
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 291
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (291)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)