May 18, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
Still a fantastic performance for Duffy, as Kansas City’s lefty allowed just two hits and didn’t walk anyone. And it wasn’t just cool, it was needed: O’s pitchers held the Royals to only one run, and Duffy’s zeroes gave KC the 1-0 win.
Duffy’s ERA is now 1.42, and he finally has a win as a starter under his belt for 2014 following two pretty good outings that ended up in losses. I presume after this he’s in the rotation to stay.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)