May 18, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Gonzalez was shelled in his past two starts, allowing five earned runs in three innings to the Mets yesterday and seven runs in four and a third last Sunday to the A’s.
For his part, Gonzalez is trying to be optimistic:
“You know, it’s one of those things, you just got to keep grinding through. Just trying to find out what it is. Hopefully, something positive comes out of it. Other than that, just try to stay positive.”
Given his sudden ineffectiveness and his history of shoulder issues, one hopes that that optimism is more than mere wish casting.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15