May 18, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Yesterday, we learned that Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu‘s latest bullpen session went well, which led us to believe that the lefty would make a return sometime soon. Now, we have official word. Via MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick, Ryu will start on Wednesday in New York against the Mets.
Ryu had a clunker of a start against the Rockies on April 27, allowing six runs (five earned) in five innings. He landed on the disabled list the next day with inflammation in his left elbow. Overall, Ryu had been pitching well for the Dodgers, carrying a 3.00 ERA with a 31/11 K/BB ratio in 39 innings.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (148)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)