May 18, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
Orioles catcher Matt Wieters, currently on the 15-day disabled list with elbow inflammation, won’t be activated when he’s first eligible on May 26 according to manager Buck Showalter, per Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. Wieters received a platelet-rich plasma injection in his elbow on Monday.
Wieters, 27, has been hitting well over the first month and a half, putting him on track to post his best offensive numbers of his career. He’s slashing .308/.339/.500 with five home runs and 18 RBI in 112 plate appearances.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)