May 18, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
Orioles catcher Matt Wieters, currently on the 15-day disabled list with elbow inflammation, won’t be activated when he’s first eligible on May 26 according to manager Buck Showalter, per Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun. Wieters received a platelet-rich plasma injection in his elbow on Monday.
Wieters, 27, has been hitting well over the first month and a half, putting him on track to post his best offensive numbers of his career. He’s slashing .308/.339/.500 with five home runs and 18 RBI in 112 plate appearances.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)