May 18, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor is not in Sunday night’s starting lineup due to soreness in his right wrist, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. Luis Sardinas will start at second base in Odor’s stead and bat ninth.
Odor has been slow to get started at the plate, slashing .200/.231/.320 in 27 plate appearances. He has also yet to draw a walk and is 0-for-2 in stolen base attempts. Going into the season, Odor was rated as the #39 overall prospect by Baseball Prospectus.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)