May 18, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor is not in Sunday night’s starting lineup due to soreness in his right wrist, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. Luis Sardinas will start at second base in Odor’s stead and bat ninth.
Odor has been slow to get started at the plate, slashing .200/.231/.320 in 27 plate appearances. He has also yet to draw a walk and is 0-for-2 in stolen base attempts. Going into the season, Odor was rated as the #39 overall prospect by Baseball Prospectus.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)