May 18, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor is not in Sunday night’s starting lineup due to soreness in his right wrist, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. Luis Sardinas will start at second base in Odor’s stead and bat ninth.
Odor has been slow to get started at the plate, slashing .200/.231/.320 in 27 plate appearances. He has also yet to draw a walk and is 0-for-2 in stolen base attempts. Going into the season, Odor was rated as the #39 overall prospect by Baseball Prospectus.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)