May 18, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor is not in Sunday night’s starting lineup due to soreness in his right wrist, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. Luis Sardinas will start at second base in Odor’s stead and bat ninth.
Odor has been slow to get started at the plate, slashing .200/.231/.320 in 27 plate appearances. He has also yet to draw a walk and is 0-for-2 in stolen base attempts. Going into the season, Odor was rated as the #39 overall prospect by Baseball Prospectus.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 9
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 64
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 70
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)