May 18, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor is not in Sunday night’s starting lineup due to soreness in his right wrist, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. Luis Sardinas will start at second base in Odor’s stead and bat ninth.
Odor has been slow to get started at the plate, slashing .200/.231/.320 in 27 plate appearances. He has also yet to draw a walk and is 0-for-2 in stolen base attempts. Going into the season, Odor was rated as the #39 overall prospect by Baseball Prospectus.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 7
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)