May 18, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
The Reds have activated starter Tony Cingrani from the 15-day disabled list to make Sunday afternoon’s start against the Phillies. Catcher Tucker Barnhart has been optioned back to Triple-A Louisville to clear a roster spot for Cingrani, C. Trent Rosecrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.
Cingrani hit the DL with left shoulder inflammation following his April 30 start against the Cubs in which he lasted only four innings. Overall in six starts, Cingrani owns a 3.34 ERA with a 32/17 K/BB ratio in 32 1/3 innings of work.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)