May 18, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
The Reds have activated starter Tony Cingrani from the 15-day disabled list to make Sunday afternoon’s start against the Phillies. Catcher Tucker Barnhart has been optioned back to Triple-A Louisville to clear a roster spot for Cingrani, C. Trent Rosecrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.
Cingrani hit the DL with left shoulder inflammation following his April 30 start against the Cubs in which he lasted only four innings. Overall in six starts, Cingrani owns a 3.34 ERA with a 32/17 K/BB ratio in 32 1/3 innings of work.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)