May 18, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
The Reds have activated starter Tony Cingrani from the 15-day disabled list to make Sunday afternoon’s start against the Phillies. Catcher Tucker Barnhart has been optioned back to Triple-A Louisville to clear a roster spot for Cingrani, C. Trent Rosecrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.
Cingrani hit the DL with left shoulder inflammation following his April 30 start against the Cubs in which he lasted only four innings. Overall in six starts, Cingrani owns a 3.34 ERA with a 32/17 K/BB ratio in 32 1/3 innings of work.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 36
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 211
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (211)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)