May 18, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
The Reds have activated starter Tony Cingrani from the 15-day disabled list to make Sunday afternoon’s start against the Phillies. Catcher Tucker Barnhart has been optioned back to Triple-A Louisville to clear a roster spot for Cingrani, C. Trent Rosecrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.
Cingrani hit the DL with left shoulder inflammation following his April 30 start against the Cubs in which he lasted only four innings. Overall in six starts, Cingrani owns a 3.34 ERA with a 32/17 K/BB ratio in 32 1/3 innings of work.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 50
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)