May 18, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Seriously: it had the straightest fastball you’ll ever see from catcher/relief pitcher Drew Butera, it had Senator John McCain and his wife finally breaking out the fist-pumping and celebrating moves they were gonna use if election night: 2008 had gone better for them and it had some due catching the thing one-handed while holding a kid in his other arm.
Now, the kid looks way less than pleased that her dad is freaking out like this — and any one of those catch-a-homer-while-holding-a-baby things is mere inches away from tragedy, but it’s still a great video.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 44
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)