May 18, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Seriously: it had the straightest fastball you’ll ever see from catcher/relief pitcher Drew Butera, it had Senator John McCain and his wife finally breaking out the fist-pumping and celebrating moves they were gonna use if election night: 2008 had gone better for them and it had some due catching the thing one-handed while holding a kid in his other arm.
Now, the kid looks way less than pleased that her dad is freaking out like this — and any one of those catch-a-homer-while-holding-a-baby things is mere inches away from tragedy, but it’s still a great video.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)