May 18, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Seriously: it had the straightest fastball you’ll ever see from catcher/relief pitcher Drew Butera, it had Senator John McCain and his wife finally breaking out the fist-pumping and celebrating moves they were gonna use if election night: 2008 had gone better for them and it had some due catching the thing one-handed while holding a kid in his other arm.
Now, the kid looks way less than pleased that her dad is freaking out like this — and any one of those catch-a-homer-while-holding-a-baby things is mere inches away from tragedy, but it’s still a great video.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 0
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 11
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 65
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 48
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)