May 18, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
Baseball will be a little less fun to watch for the next two weeks. Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune reports that the White Sox have placed first baseman Jose Abreu on the 15-day-disabled list with posterior tibia tendinitis in his left ankle. The team has, however, activated Adam Eaton from the disabled list.
Abreu currently leads Major League Baseball in home runs with 15 and is the American League RBI leader with 42. The 27-year-old Cuban has been a godsend for the White Sox, who are currently still somewhat in the mix at 21-23 and in fourth place in the AL Central. In Abreu’s absence, Paul Konerko and Adam Dunn will see some time at first base.
Eaton was on the disabled list dealing with a strained right hamstring. Prior to his injury, Eaton was slashing .276/.363/.378 with 14 RBI and a couple of stolen bases.
May 27, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
Crazy things are happening in Minnesota.
Felix Hernandez and Chris Archer dueled. Chris Archer, by one measure, pitched better. Felix Hernandez won.
May 27, 2015, 3:36 PM EDT
Game scores are interesting things. Wins — the team kind, anyway — are far more satisfying.
May 27, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
And Missouri continues to represent well.
May 27, 2015, 2:18 PM EDT
De Aza played very well for the Orioles down the stretch last season.
May 27, 2015, 1:49 PM EDT
Verlander will start Sunday at Triple-A.
May 27, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Several reports last week had the Angels in the market for outfield help.
May 27, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
“A multimedia show featuring a virtual Selig.” Yes, that’s actually a thing.
May 27, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
He’s about 11 months removed from Tommy John surgery.
May 27, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Coke signed a one-year, $2.25 million deal with the Cubs this offseason.
May 27, 2015, 11:01 AM EDT
And you think my A-Rod trolling kung-fu is the best. Heck, I’m an amateur.
May 27, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Adams hurt his quadriceps while running out a double.
May 27, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
He has three homers and is hitting .283/.353/.500 in 14 Triple-A games. At the age of 20.
May 27, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Last month the Rays released right-hander Grant Balfour from his $7 million big-league contract and then re-signed him to a minor-league deal.
May 27, 2015, 9:52 AM EDT
It smacked off the new video board at Wrigley Field, depriving the folks on Waveland Avenue of a home run ball.
May 27, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
Four-year-old Adriana Aviles was diagnosed with leukemia.
May 27, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
No real clear winner, no real clear loser. Indeed, in this trade, that’s almost beside the point.
May 27, 2015, 8:42 AM EDT
Major League Baseball will likely fine Cash for his postgame comments. Because, while umpires don’t have much apparent accountability for their actions, managers do.
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 26, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander took what might be the final step before a rehab assignment Tuesday afternoon at Oakland’s O.Co Coliseum …
May 26, 2015, 10:32 PM EDT
Brewers shortstop Jean Segura appeared to be in for an extended absence when he landed on the disabled list May 14 with a fracture in the pinkie on his throwing hand …
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 17
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)