May 19, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
The Blue Jays have acquired left-handed reliever Raul Valdes from the Astros in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations.
Valdes was designated for assignment by the Astros earlier this month after allowing five runs on five hits and three walks over 3 2/3 innings. The 36-year-old cleared waivers and eventually accepted an assignment to Triple-A Oklahoma City. He has a 3.48 ERA and 13/1 K/BB ratio in 10 1/3 innings at the Triple-A level this year.
Valdes hasn’t enjoyed much success in the majors since 2012 as a member of the Phillies, but he’s another option for a bullpen which ranks 28th in the majors with a 5.28 ERA.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 65
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 46
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)