May 19, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Joe Morgan of MLB.com reports that Brewers reliever Jim Henderson is scheduled to throw a bullpen session tomorrow, which will likely be the final hurdle before he’s cleared for a minor league rehab assignment.
Henderson has been sidelined since May 2 due to right shoulder inflammation, but he made it through a bullpen session Saturday without any issues and played catch today. He might only need a couple of appearances in the minors before coming off the disabled list.
Francisco Rodriguez has had a couple of hiccups recently, but he’s still 17-for-18 in save chances and owns an excellent 1.57 ERA and 28/4 K/BB ratio over 23 innings. Henderson likely won’t get his old closer gig back anytime soon, but he could still be a valuable late-inning arm if healthy.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)