May 19, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Joe Morgan of MLB.com reports that Brewers reliever Jim Henderson is scheduled to throw a bullpen session tomorrow, which will likely be the final hurdle before he’s cleared for a minor league rehab assignment.
Henderson has been sidelined since May 2 due to right shoulder inflammation, but he made it through a bullpen session Saturday without any issues and played catch today. He might only need a couple of appearances in the minors before coming off the disabled list.
Francisco Rodriguez has had a couple of hiccups recently, but he’s still 17-for-18 in save chances and owns an excellent 1.57 ERA and 28/4 K/BB ratio over 23 innings. Henderson likely won’t get his old closer gig back anytime soon, but he could still be a valuable late-inning arm if healthy.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)