May 19, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Joe Morgan of MLB.com reports that Brewers reliever Jim Henderson is scheduled to throw a bullpen session tomorrow, which will likely be the final hurdle before he’s cleared for a minor league rehab assignment.
Henderson has been sidelined since May 2 due to right shoulder inflammation, but he made it through a bullpen session Saturday without any issues and played catch today. He might only need a couple of appearances in the minors before coming off the disabled list.
Francisco Rodriguez has had a couple of hiccups recently, but he’s still 17-for-18 in save chances and owns an excellent 1.57 ERA and 28/4 K/BB ratio over 23 innings. Henderson likely won’t get his old closer gig back anytime soon, but he could still be a valuable late-inning arm if healthy.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 3
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)