May 19, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Mike Trout, always looking to help:
— Emily Caracciolo (@emilycaracciolo) May 19, 2014
I’m struggling to see how this all went down in a way that doesn’t make this Tim guy look bad.
I mean, sure, Emily said yes and that’s great, but that’s a short term, circumstances-driven acceptance. Over time Emily is going to realize that she’s going out with a dude who doesn’t have the courage to ask his own date out. A guy who will look to dazzle her rather than be a person of substance. What’s Tim hiding? Why is he so afraid? These are the questions Emily may ask herself soon. But only for a second, as she is young and has her whole life in front of her and will find that there are guys out there who are much more sure of themselves and what they want.
So enjoy the prom, Emily. And here’s hoping Tim is a nice guy who interests you and treats you well. But really, don’t be fooled by this brush with fame, for it is so fleeting and may be masking some of Tim’s issues.
Or at least hold out for a guy who has Miguel Cabrera ask you out for him. Miggy’s got two MVP awards after all.
UPDATE: Tim reached out:
@craigcalcaterra she was also asked in person
— Tim Moraski (@Tim_Moraski) May 19, 2014
Good job, young man. Now go have fun at the prom.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 35
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)