May 19, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Mike Trout, always looking to help:
— Emily Caracciolo (@emilycaracciolo) May 19, 2014
I’m struggling to see how this all went down in a way that doesn’t make this Tim guy look bad.
I mean, sure, Emily said yes and that’s great, but that’s a short term, circumstances-driven acceptance. Over time Emily is going to realize that she’s going out with a dude who doesn’t have the courage to ask his own date out. A guy who will look to dazzle her rather than be a person of substance. What’s Tim hiding? Why is he so afraid? These are the questions Emily may ask herself soon. But only for a second, as she is young and has her whole life in front of her and will find that there are guys out there who are much more sure of themselves and what they want.
So enjoy the prom, Emily. And here’s hoping Tim is a nice guy who interests you and treats you well. But really, don’t be fooled by this brush with fame, for it is so fleeting and may be masking some of Tim’s issues.
Or at least hold out for a guy who has Miguel Cabrera ask you out for him. Miggy’s got two MVP awards after all.
UPDATE: Tim reached out:
@craigcalcaterra she was also asked in person
— Tim Moraski (@Tim_Moraski) May 19, 2014
Good job, young man. Now go have fun at the prom.
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 44
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 39
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)