May 19, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Mike Trout, always looking to help:
— Emily Caracciolo (@emilycaracciolo) May 19, 2014
I’m struggling to see how this all went down in a way that doesn’t make this Tim guy look bad.
I mean, sure, Emily said yes and that’s great, but that’s a short term, circumstances-driven acceptance. Over time Emily is going to realize that she’s going out with a dude who doesn’t have the courage to ask his own date out. A guy who will look to dazzle her rather than be a person of substance. What’s Tim hiding? Why is he so afraid? These are the questions Emily may ask herself soon. But only for a second, as she is young and has her whole life in front of her and will find that there are guys out there who are much more sure of themselves and what they want.
So enjoy the prom, Emily. And here’s hoping Tim is a nice guy who interests you and treats you well. But really, don’t be fooled by this brush with fame, for it is so fleeting and may be masking some of Tim’s issues.
Or at least hold out for a guy who has Miguel Cabrera ask you out for him. Miggy’s got two MVP awards after all.
UPDATE: Tim reached out:
@craigcalcaterra she was also asked in person
— Tim Moraski (@Tim_Moraski) May 19, 2014
Good job, young man. Now go have fun at the prom.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)