May 19, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Mike Trout, always looking to help:
— Emily Caracciolo (@emilycaracciolo) May 19, 2014
I’m struggling to see how this all went down in a way that doesn’t make this Tim guy look bad.
I mean, sure, Emily said yes and that’s great, but that’s a short term, circumstances-driven acceptance. Over time Emily is going to realize that she’s going out with a dude who doesn’t have the courage to ask his own date out. A guy who will look to dazzle her rather than be a person of substance. What’s Tim hiding? Why is he so afraid? These are the questions Emily may ask herself soon. But only for a second, as she is young and has her whole life in front of her and will find that there are guys out there who are much more sure of themselves and what they want.
So enjoy the prom, Emily. And here’s hoping Tim is a nice guy who interests you and treats you well. But really, don’t be fooled by this brush with fame, for it is so fleeting and may be masking some of Tim’s issues.
Or at least hold out for a guy who has Miguel Cabrera ask you out for him. Miggy’s got two MVP awards after all.
UPDATE: Tim reached out:
@craigcalcaterra she was also asked in person
— Tim Moraski (@Tim_Moraski) May 19, 2014
Good job, young man. Now go have fun at the prom.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 4
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 12
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 23
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)