May 19, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
Cobb was off to a very strong start before the injury and tossed five shutout innings in a minor-league rehab start Saturday at Single-A, striking out nine batters and throwing 46 of 64 pitches for strikes.
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports that Cobb threw a bullpen session this afternoon that was the final touch to convincing the Rays he’s ready to return. Dating back to last season the 25-year-old is 12-4 with a 2.66 ERA in 25 starts.
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 7
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 15
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 3
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 34
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)