May 19, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Over the weekend SCP Auctions hauled in $650,108 for a gold watch once owned by Babe Ruth.
According to the auction listing the watch was from the 25th anniversary of Yankee Stadium in 1948. Ruth died in August of that same year.
Also in the same auction, via the Associated Press: Sandy Koufax’s autographed Dodgers jersey sold for $268,664 and Satchel Paige’s Hall of Fame ring sold for $259,642.
In related news: Some people have a lot of money. Like, really a lot.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)