May 19, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Over the weekend SCP Auctions hauled in $650,108 for a gold watch once owned by Babe Ruth.
According to the auction listing the watch was from the 25th anniversary of Yankee Stadium in 1948. Ruth died in August of that same year.
Also in the same auction, via the Associated Press: Sandy Koufax’s autographed Dodgers jersey sold for $268,664 and Satchel Paige’s Hall of Fame ring sold for $259,642.
In related news: Some people have a lot of money. Like, really a lot.
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 0
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 8
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 28
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 45
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)