May 19, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Over the weekend SCP Auctions hauled in $650,108 for a gold watch once owned by Babe Ruth.
According to the auction listing the watch was from the 25th anniversary of Yankee Stadium in 1948. Ruth died in August of that same year.
Also in the same auction, via the Associated Press: Sandy Koufax’s autographed Dodgers jersey sold for $268,664 and Satchel Paige’s Hall of Fame ring sold for $259,642.
In related news: Some people have a lot of money. Like, really a lot.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 7
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)