May 19, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Over the weekend SCP Auctions hauled in $650,108 for a gold watch once owned by Babe Ruth.
According to the auction listing the watch was from the 25th anniversary of Yankee Stadium in 1948. Ruth died in August of that same year.
Also in the same auction, via the Associated Press: Sandy Koufax’s autographed Dodgers jersey sold for $268,664 and Satchel Paige’s Hall of Fame ring sold for $259,642.
In related news: Some people have a lot of money. Like, really a lot.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)