May 19, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
One would think that the easy solution would be putting together the left side of the infield that helped the Sox win the World Series: Xander Bogaerts at third base and Stephen Drew at shortstop. However, the Sox don’t want to move Bogaerts off short. And, if they actually wanted Drew, you figure they may have called him well before now.
For the moment third base is Brock Holt’s job. And the Red Sox, spoken of by many as having the best depth in all of baseball, are looking to plug a hole.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)