May 19, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
One would think that the easy solution would be putting together the left side of the infield that helped the Sox win the World Series: Xander Bogaerts at third base and Stephen Drew at shortstop. However, the Sox don’t want to move Bogaerts off short. And, if they actually wanted Drew, you figure they may have called him well before now.
For the moment third base is Brock Holt’s job. And the Red Sox, spoken of by many as having the best depth in all of baseball, are looking to plug a hole.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)