May 20, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
The announcement comes from the Angels’ official Twitter account …
— Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) May 20, 2014
Freese only missed 17 days with a small fracture in his right middle finger. He is back in the Angels’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Astros, playing third base and batting sixth.
Freese has hit just .202/.266/.286 in 24 games this season for his new team.
He was acquired from the Cardinals over the winter in a four-player trade.
- The beauty of belief 22
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 35
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 71
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)