May 20, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
The announcement comes from the Angels’ official Twitter account …
— Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) May 20, 2014
Freese only missed 17 days with a small fracture in his right middle finger. He is back in the Angels’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Astros, playing third base and batting sixth.
Freese has hit just .202/.266/.286 in 24 games this season for his new team.
He was acquired from the Cardinals over the winter in a four-player trade.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)