May 20, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
The announcement comes from the Angels’ official Twitter account …
— Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) May 20, 2014
Freese only missed 17 days with a small fracture in his right middle finger. He is back in the Angels’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Astros, playing third base and batting sixth.
Freese has hit just .202/.266/.286 in 24 games this season for his new team.
He was acquired from the Cardinals over the winter in a four-player trade.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)