May 20, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
The announcement comes from the Angels’ official Twitter account …
— Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) May 20, 2014
Freese only missed 17 days with a small fracture in his right middle finger. He is back in the Angels’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Astros, playing third base and batting sixth.
Freese has hit just .202/.266/.286 in 24 games this season for his new team.
He was acquired from the Cardinals over the winter in a four-player trade.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)