May 20, 2014, 7:37 PM EST
John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the veteran right-hander threw all of his pitches in a bullpen session on Tuesday at Coors Field and deemed himself ready to return to the Giants’ starting rotation for Thursday’s series finale against the Rockies. Hudson told Shea that he “didn’t even think about” his strained during the workout.
Hudson, 38, owns a fantastic 2.09 ERA and 0.81 WHIP in eight starts this year for San Francisco. He signed a two-year, $23 million free agent contract with San Francisco in mid-November.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)