May 20, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the veteran right-hander threw all of his pitches in a bullpen session on Tuesday at Coors Field and deemed himself ready to return to the Giants’ starting rotation for Thursday’s series finale against the Rockies. Hudson told Shea that he “didn’t even think about” his strained during the workout.
Hudson, 38, owns a fantastic 2.09 ERA and 0.81 WHIP in eight starts this year for San Francisco. He signed a two-year, $23 million free agent contract with San Francisco in mid-November.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 20
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)