May 20, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the veteran right-hander threw all of his pitches in a bullpen session on Tuesday at Coors Field and deemed himself ready to return to the Giants’ starting rotation for Thursday’s series finale against the Rockies. Hudson told Shea that he “didn’t even think about” his strained during the workout.
Hudson, 38, owns a fantastic 2.09 ERA and 0.81 WHIP in eight starts this year for San Francisco. He signed a two-year, $23 million free agent contract with San Francisco in mid-November.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)