May 20, 2014, 7:37 PM EST
John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the veteran right-hander threw all of his pitches in a bullpen session on Tuesday at Coors Field and deemed himself ready to return to the Giants’ starting rotation for Thursday’s series finale against the Rockies. Hudson told Shea that he “didn’t even think about” his strained during the workout.
Hudson, 38, owns a fantastic 2.09 ERA and 0.81 WHIP in eight starts this year for San Francisco. He signed a two-year, $23 million free agent contract with San Francisco in mid-November.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 10
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 28
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 15
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)