May 20, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Of course you do. Take it away, press-release whisperer:
The folks @CigarCityBeer announce Homefront IPA, a beer aged on Louisville Slugger maple bats.
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) May 20, 2014
Cigar City hopes to brew 800 barrels of the baseball bat aged beer. Proceeds donated to Operation Homefront. — darren rovell (@darrenrovell) May 20, 2014
All I know about Cigar City Beer is that I had a bunch of their stuff in Tampa when I was down at spring training and it was just wonderful, beautiful and phenomenal beer. All I know about Louisville Slugger maple bats is that, until about a year ago, we used to worry about them shattering a lot and writing think pieces about how we need to switch back to ash or make bat condoms to keep them from shattering. All I know about Operation Homefront is that supporting the families of deployed service members is an insanely worthy cause, and that that’s what they do.
But despite my limited expertise here, I am going to predict that this will be a win if, for no other reason, than it benefits said insanely worthy cause. And because I bet the bottles will be really cool.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)