May 20, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Of course you do. Take it away, press-release whisperer:
The folks @CigarCityBeer announce Homefront IPA, a beer aged on Louisville Slugger maple bats.
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) May 20, 2014
Cigar City hopes to brew 800 barrels of the baseball bat aged beer. Proceeds donated to Operation Homefront. — darren rovell (@darrenrovell) May 20, 2014
All I know about Cigar City Beer is that I had a bunch of their stuff in Tampa when I was down at spring training and it was just wonderful, beautiful and phenomenal beer. All I know about Louisville Slugger maple bats is that, until about a year ago, we used to worry about them shattering a lot and writing think pieces about how we need to switch back to ash or make bat condoms to keep them from shattering. All I know about Operation Homefront is that supporting the families of deployed service members is an insanely worthy cause, and that that’s what they do.
But despite my limited expertise here, I am going to predict that this will be a win if, for no other reason, than it benefits said insanely worthy cause. And because I bet the bottles will be really cool.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)