Wanna buy beer aged in Louisville Slugger bats?

May 20, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT

Of course you do. Take it away, press-release whisperer:

All I know about Cigar City Beer is that I had a bunch of their stuff in Tampa when I was down at spring training and it was just wonderful, beautiful and phenomenal beer. All I know about Louisville Slugger maple bats is that, until about a year ago, we used to worry about them shattering a lot and writing think pieces about how we need to switch back to ash or make bat condoms to keep them from shattering. All I know about Operation Homefront is that supporting the families of deployed service members is an insanely worthy cause, and that that’s what they do.

But despite my limited expertise here, I am going to predict that this will be a win if, for no other reason, than it benefits said insanely worthy cause. And because I bet the bottles will be really cool.

1. thetoolsofignorance - May 20, 2014 at 2:13 PM

When I head across for Spring Training in Florida next year I will make a point of supporting this. Besides maple flavored alcohol is very good so I bet I’ll really like this stuff

2. tomcatfl - May 20, 2014 at 3:11 PM

As far as I know, Cigar City only puts out beer in cans (or as draft), not bottles. But yes, I bet the cans will be cool :-) Not a big IPA fan, but I’ll try some for the cause…

• dancinhomer - May 20, 2014 at 5:32 PM

CCB actually puts out quite a few bottles. Their most notable (seasonal) beer; Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout, is only sold in bottles (or draft).

Either way, it’d be interesting to try a beer aged in maple bats…

3. rje49 - May 20, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Talk about a marketing gimmick!

• jcmeyer10 - May 20, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Talk about a marketing gimmick that sounds cool and supports a good cause. Man these guys have some nerves supporting veterans using capitalism.

4. DJ MC - May 20, 2014 at 4:41 PM

I can taste the pine tar already.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. Y. Molina (3215)