May 21, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Lee has been his usual fantastic self this season with a 3.18 ERA and 61/9 K/BB ratio in 68 innings, but Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that he’s been pitching through a flexor pronator strain for three weeks. During that time Lee has thrown 106, 100, 114, and 116 pitches and going back slightly further he tossed a season-high 128 pitches against the Braves on April 16.
For now the Phillies are saying they hope to potentially have Lee back when he’s first eligible to return in 15 days–general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. called the injury “pretty mild”–but obviously that’s far from a given at this point. Phillies fans can at least stop holding their collective breath for a while, though.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 60
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 32
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)