May 21, 2014, 9:28 AM EST
Red Sox left-hander Felix Doubront exited last night’s start against the Blue Jays in the fifth inning with what the team called shoulder fatigue and afterward he told reporters: “I couldn’t feel my shoulder. It was weird. I felt weird.”
In addition to the numbness, Doubront’s velocity also dipped during the game as he struggled to grip the ball and repeat his throwing motion. He’s scheduled to undergo an MRI exam today and seemed genuinely worried about the situation.
Prior to last night’s struggles Doubront had allowed just one run in back-to-back starts and posted a 3.48 ERA in his last six starts dating back to mid-April. But it’s awfully hard to pitch if you can’t feel your arm.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Wednesday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7:10pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 15
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)