May 21, 2014, 9:28 AM EST
Red Sox left-hander Felix Doubront exited last night’s start against the Blue Jays in the fifth inning with what the team called shoulder fatigue and afterward he told reporters: “I couldn’t feel my shoulder. It was weird. I felt weird.”
In addition to the numbness, Doubront’s velocity also dipped during the game as he struggled to grip the ball and repeat his throwing motion. He’s scheduled to undergo an MRI exam today and seemed genuinely worried about the situation.
Prior to last night’s struggles Doubront had allowed just one run in back-to-back starts and posted a 3.48 ERA in his last six starts dating back to mid-April. But it’s awfully hard to pitch if you can’t feel your arm.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $40,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Wednesday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7:10pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)