May 21, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
Giants right-hander Matt Cain was removed after three innings Wednesday night against the Rockies after suffering a right hamstring strain on his final pitch of the top of the third. This according to CSNBayArea.com’s Andrew Baggarly.
Cain had delivered three perfect frames on just 36 pitches, finishing with three strikeouts. A stint on the 15-day disabled list seems likely for the 29-year-old, who owns a 3.66 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, and 39/17 K/BB ratio through 46 2/3 total innings this season.
San Franciso got some fine work from its bullpen and wound up winning Wednesday’s game 5-1.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)