May 21, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
Giants right-hander Matt Cain was removed after three innings Wednesday night against the Rockies after suffering a right hamstring strain on his final pitch of the top of the third. This according to CSNBayArea.com’s Andrew Baggarly.
Cain had delivered three perfect frames on just 36 pitches, finishing with three strikeouts. A stint on the 15-day disabled list seems likely for the 29-year-old, who owns a 3.66 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, and 39/17 K/BB ratio through 46 2/3 total innings this season.
San Franciso got some fine work from its bullpen and wound up winning Wednesday’s game 5-1.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20