May 21, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
Giants right-hander Matt Cain was removed after three innings Wednesday night against the Rockies after suffering a right hamstring strain on his final pitch of the top of the third. This according to CSNBayArea.com’s Andrew Baggarly.
Cain had delivered three perfect frames on just 36 pitches, finishing with three strikeouts. A stint on the 15-day disabled list seems likely for the 29-year-old, who owns a 3.66 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, and 39/17 K/BB ratio through 46 2/3 total innings this season.
San Franciso got some fine work from its bullpen and wound up winning Wednesday’s game 5-1.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)