May 21, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
Giants right-hander Matt Cain was removed after three innings Wednesday night against the Rockies after suffering a right hamstring strain on his final pitch of the top of the third. This according to CSNBayArea.com’s Andrew Baggarly.
Cain had delivered three perfect frames on just 36 pitches, finishing with three strikeouts. A stint on the 15-day disabled list seems likely for the 29-year-old, who owns a 3.66 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, and 39/17 K/BB ratio through 46 2/3 total innings this season.
San Franciso got some fine work from its bullpen and wound up winning Wednesday’s game 5-1.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)