May 21, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
Giants right-hander Matt Cain was removed after three innings Wednesday night against the Rockies after suffering a right hamstring strain on his final pitch of the top of the third. This according to CSNBayArea.com’s Andrew Baggarly.
Cain had delivered three perfect frames on just 36 pitches, finishing with three strikeouts. A stint on the 15-day disabled list seems likely for the 29-year-old, who owns a 3.66 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, and 39/17 K/BB ratio through 46 2/3 total innings this season.
San Franciso got some fine work from its bullpen and wound up winning Wednesday’s game 5-1.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 18
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)