May 21, 2014, 8:08 PM EST
Some unfortunate news here for the White Sox.
According to CSNChicago.com’s Dan Hayes, closer Matt Lindstrom will have surgery Friday to repair a tear of the sheath in his left ankle and is going to miss at least three months. That means a late-August return is the best-case scenario.
Lindstrom injured his left ankle Monday while attempting to field an Alcides Escobar bunt.
He has already been placed on the disabled list.
Nate Jones had a microdiscectomy earlier this month and will likely be sidelined through mid-June.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27