May 21, 2014, 8:08 PM EDT
Some unfortunate news here for the White Sox.
According to CSNChicago.com’s Dan Hayes, closer Matt Lindstrom will have surgery Friday to repair a tear of the sheath in his left ankle and is going to miss at least three months. That means a late-August return is the best-case scenario.
Lindstrom injured his left ankle Monday while attempting to field an Alcides Escobar bunt.
He has already been placed on the disabled list.
Nate Jones had a microdiscectomy earlier this month and will likely be sidelined through mid-June.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)