May 21, 2014, 8:08 PM EDT
Some unfortunate news here for the White Sox.
According to CSNChicago.com’s Dan Hayes, closer Matt Lindstrom will have surgery Friday to repair a tear of the sheath in his left ankle and is going to miss at least three months. That means a late-August return is the best-case scenario.
Lindstrom injured his left ankle Monday while attempting to field an Alcides Escobar bunt.
He has already been placed on the disabled list.
Nate Jones had a microdiscectomy earlier this month and will likely be sidelined through mid-June.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 22
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)