May 21, 2014, 8:08 PM EDT
Some unfortunate news here for the White Sox.
According to CSNChicago.com’s Dan Hayes, closer Matt Lindstrom will have surgery Friday to repair a tear of the sheath in his left ankle and is going to miss at least three months. That means a late-August return is the best-case scenario.
Lindstrom injured his left ankle Monday while attempting to field an Alcides Escobar bunt.
He has already been placed on the disabled list.
Nate Jones had a microdiscectomy earlier this month and will likely be sidelined through mid-June.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)