May 22, 2014, 2:23 PM EDT
It turns out biting a co-worker’s ear off while at work is frowned upon, even in baseball. Who knew?
Olivo spent a couple weeks with the Dodgers earlier this season and was hitting .368 with a 1.013 OPS in 20 games at Triple-A, so there’s a decent chance he’d have been back in the majors at some point again this season if not for the fact that he’s insane.
Presumably no other teams will sign the 35-year-old Olivo, although you never know when it comes to veteran catchers/cannibals. In the meantime Guerrero needs plastic surgery and could miss more than a month recovering.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)