May 22, 2014, 2:23 PM EST
It turns out biting a co-worker’s ear off while at work is frowned upon, even in baseball. Who knew?
Olivo spent a couple weeks with the Dodgers earlier this season and was hitting .368 with a 1.013 OPS in 20 games at Triple-A, so there’s a decent chance he’d have been back in the majors at some point again this season if not for the fact that he’s insane.
Presumably no other teams will sign the 35-year-old Olivo, although you never know when it comes to veteran catchers/cannibals. In the meantime Guerrero needs plastic surgery and could miss more than a month recovering.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 17
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 49
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)