May 22, 2014, 2:23 PM EDT
It turns out biting a co-worker’s ear off while at work is frowned upon, even in baseball. Who knew?
Olivo spent a couple weeks with the Dodgers earlier this season and was hitting .368 with a 1.013 OPS in 20 games at Triple-A, so there’s a decent chance he’d have been back in the majors at some point again this season if not for the fact that he’s insane.
Presumably no other teams will sign the 35-year-old Olivo, although you never know when it comes to veteran catchers/cannibals. In the meantime Guerrero needs plastic surgery and could miss more than a month recovering.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)