May 22, 2014, 2:23 PM EDT
It turns out biting a co-worker’s ear off while at work is frowned upon, even in baseball. Who knew?
Olivo spent a couple weeks with the Dodgers earlier this season and was hitting .368 with a 1.013 OPS in 20 games at Triple-A, so there’s a decent chance he’d have been back in the majors at some point again this season if not for the fact that he’s insane.
Presumably no other teams will sign the 35-year-old Olivo, although you never know when it comes to veteran catchers/cannibals. In the meantime Guerrero needs plastic surgery and could miss more than a month recovering.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 10
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)