May 22, 2014, 2:23 PM EDT
It turns out biting a co-worker’s ear off while at work is frowned upon, even in baseball. Who knew?
Olivo spent a couple weeks with the Dodgers earlier this season and was hitting .368 with a 1.013 OPS in 20 games at Triple-A, so there’s a decent chance he’d have been back in the majors at some point again this season if not for the fact that he’s insane.
Presumably no other teams will sign the 35-year-old Olivo, although you never know when it comes to veteran catchers/cannibals. In the meantime Guerrero needs plastic surgery and could miss more than a month recovering.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 99
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 2
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)