May 22, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
I’m sure the future for Astros’ outfielder George Springer is bright. He’s quite a prospect with lots of talent and could very well be part of a group of young players who return the club to respectability.
But his ninth inning in the Astros-Angels game last night was pretty pathetic.
Top of the ninth inning, Angels up by one, Springer on first. In that situation it’s key to get into scoring position, of course, but you can’t get picked off. Your potential run is too important. Welp, Springer got picked off.
And got kicked in the face by Albert Pujols.
And strained his hip flexor on the play too, which will probably land him on the DL. You can watch the whole play here.
There will be better days, George. There can’t not be.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)