May 22, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
I’m sure the future for Astros’ outfielder George Springer is bright. He’s quite a prospect with lots of talent and could very well be part of a group of young players who return the club to respectability.
But his ninth inning in the Astros-Angels game last night was pretty pathetic.
Top of the ninth inning, Angels up by one, Springer on first. In that situation it’s key to get into scoring position, of course, but you can’t get picked off. Your potential run is too important. Welp, Springer got picked off.
And got kicked in the face by Albert Pujols.
And strained his hip flexor on the play too, which will probably land him on the DL. You can watch the whole play here.
There will be better days, George. There can’t not be.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (156)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)