May 22, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
I’m sure the future for Astros’ outfielder George Springer is bright. He’s quite a prospect with lots of talent and could very well be part of a group of young players who return the club to respectability.
But his ninth inning in the Astros-Angels game last night was pretty pathetic.
Top of the ninth inning, Angels up by one, Springer on first. In that situation it’s key to get into scoring position, of course, but you can’t get picked off. Your potential run is too important. Welp, Springer got picked off.
And got kicked in the face by Albert Pujols.
And strained his hip flexor on the play too, which will probably land him on the DL. You can watch the whole play here.
There will be better days, George. There can’t not be.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)