May 22, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
Sure, the Diamondbacks and new baseball honcho Tony La Russa are still assessing things. It’s not at all a forgone conclusion that Kevin Towers is gonna get the axe:
If an Old World-Spanish style mash-up suits your fancy, then Arizona Diamondbacks General Manager Kevin Towers’ Arcadia mansion on the market for $1.95 million is a home run.
There isn’t one nook or cranny of Towers’ 5,852-square-foot abode near Camelback Road and Arcadia Drive in Phoenix that disappoints on wow factor.
Nope, most of the disappointment is reserved for Dbacks games.
I assume that someone will say that Towers planned to sell this months and months ago and that he has never once considered that he’d be gone from the Dbacks any time soon.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 1
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)