May 22, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
Sure, the Diamondbacks and new baseball honcho Tony La Russa are still assessing things. It’s not at all a forgone conclusion that Kevin Towers is gonna get the axe:
If an Old World-Spanish style mash-up suits your fancy, then Arizona Diamondbacks General Manager Kevin Towers’ Arcadia mansion on the market for $1.95 million is a home run.
There isn’t one nook or cranny of Towers’ 5,852-square-foot abode near Camelback Road and Arcadia Drive in Phoenix that disappoints on wow factor.
Nope, most of the disappointment is reserved for Dbacks games.
I assume that someone will say that Towers planned to sell this months and months ago and that he has never once considered that he’d be gone from the Dbacks any time soon.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (248)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)