May 22, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
Sure, the Diamondbacks and new baseball honcho Tony La Russa are still assessing things. It’s not at all a forgone conclusion that Kevin Towers is gonna get the axe:
If an Old World-Spanish style mash-up suits your fancy, then Arizona Diamondbacks General Manager Kevin Towers’ Arcadia mansion on the market for $1.95 million is a home run.
There isn’t one nook or cranny of Towers’ 5,852-square-foot abode near Camelback Road and Arcadia Drive in Phoenix that disappoints on wow factor.
Nope, most of the disappointment is reserved for Dbacks games.
I assume that someone will say that Towers planned to sell this months and months ago and that he has never once considered that he’d be gone from the Dbacks any time soon.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 77
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 34
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)