May 22, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
Sure, the Diamondbacks and new baseball honcho Tony La Russa are still assessing things. It’s not at all a forgone conclusion that Kevin Towers is gonna get the axe:
If an Old World-Spanish style mash-up suits your fancy, then Arizona Diamondbacks General Manager Kevin Towers’ Arcadia mansion on the market for $1.95 million is a home run.
There isn’t one nook or cranny of Towers’ 5,852-square-foot abode near Camelback Road and Arcadia Drive in Phoenix that disappoints on wow factor.
Nope, most of the disappointment is reserved for Dbacks games.
I assume that someone will say that Towers planned to sell this months and months ago and that he has never once considered that he’d be gone from the Dbacks any time soon.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 26
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (85)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)