May 22, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
Sure, the Diamondbacks and new baseball honcho Tony La Russa are still assessing things. It’s not at all a forgone conclusion that Kevin Towers is gonna get the axe:
If an Old World-Spanish style mash-up suits your fancy, then Arizona Diamondbacks General Manager Kevin Towers’ Arcadia mansion on the market for $1.95 million is a home run.
There isn’t one nook or cranny of Towers’ 5,852-square-foot abode near Camelback Road and Arcadia Drive in Phoenix that disappoints on wow factor.
Nope, most of the disappointment is reserved for Dbacks games.
I assume that someone will say that Towers planned to sell this months and months ago and that he has never once considered that he’d be gone from the Dbacks any time soon.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with apparent side injury 1
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 2
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 3
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 30
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)