May 22, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Cardinals GM John Mozeliak said yesterday that stud prospect Oscar Taveras “could possibly” be called up when the club begins a stretch in American League ballparks on June 4. Presumably to play DH, or to share it with Allen Craig and Matt Adams as Taveras plays in the outfield.
Sometimes it feels like Taveras has been around forever, but the dude doesn’t turn 22 until next month. Which is pretty darn young for a guy to be abusing Triple-A pitchers the way he has been. He’s hitting .313/.361/.512 with six homers in 180 plate appearances this season, and has been scorching hot his past ten games, hitting .390/.422/.585.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 27
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)