May 22, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Cardinals GM John Mozeliak said yesterday that stud prospect Oscar Taveras “could possibly” be called up when the club begins a stretch in American League ballparks on June 4. Presumably to play DH, or to share it with Allen Craig and Matt Adams as Taveras plays in the outfield.
Sometimes it feels like Taveras has been around forever, but the dude doesn’t turn 22 until next month. Which is pretty darn young for a guy to be abusing Triple-A pitchers the way he has been. He’s hitting .313/.361/.512 with six homers in 180 plate appearances this season, and has been scorching hot his past ten games, hitting .390/.422/.585.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 1
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 18
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 18
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)