May 22, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
Though Fielder received a nerve-root injection over the weekend, the shot doesn’t remove the chunk of disc from the nerve that is pinched and is causing weakness in Fielder’s left arm. Only surgery can fix that. As of the opener of the four-game series, the Rangers are hoping that Fielder won’t become their 17th player to hit the disabled list this season.
Fielder is back in Dallas visiting a spine specialist, going over his options. Meanwhile, the Rangers are squaring off in a four-game series against the Tigers in Detroit today and through the weekend.
And Ian Kinsler is hitting .317.
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 0
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 36
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76