May 22, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
The Padres have placed left-hander Robbie Erlin on the 15-day disabled list due to elbow soreness. He’s the second member of San Diego’s starting rotation to go down over the past week, joining staff ace Andrew Cashner.
The good news is that the injury doesn’t appear to be serious. According to Corey Brock of MLB.com, Padres manager Josh Byrnes said this evening that Erlin is expected to miss only two or three starts. Tim Stauffer will make a spot start tomorrow night against the Cubs, but Casey Kelly and the recently-signed Odrisamer Despaigne could join the rotation before long.
Erlin, 23, owns a 4.53 ERA and 39/11 K/BB ratio in 47 2/3 innings over eight starts and one relief appearance this season.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)