May 22, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
The Padres have placed left-hander Robbie Erlin on the 15-day disabled list due to elbow soreness. He’s the second member of San Diego’s starting rotation to go down over the past week, joining staff ace Andrew Cashner.
The good news is that the injury doesn’t appear to be serious. According to Corey Brock of MLB.com, Padres manager Josh Byrnes said this evening that Erlin is expected to miss only two or three starts. Tim Stauffer will make a spot start tomorrow night against the Cubs, but Casey Kelly and the recently-signed Odrisamer Despaigne could join the rotation before long.
Erlin, 23, owns a 4.53 ERA and 39/11 K/BB ratio in 47 2/3 innings over eight starts and one relief appearance this season.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (129)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)