May 22, 2014, 8:46 PM EDT
Some potentially troubling news for the Brewers here, as Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Ryan Braun left tonight’s game against the Braves after four innings due to tightness in his right side.
Braun just returned from the disabled list last week after being sidelined with a right oblique injury, so this isn’t a good sign. It’s possible that he could require another extended absence.
Braun went 0-for-2 before exiting tonight’s game and is batting .289/.328/.529 with seven home runs and 19 RBI over 31 games this season.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 10
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (93)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)