May 22, 2014, 8:46 PM EST
Some potentially troubling news for the Brewers here, as Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Ryan Braun left tonight’s game against the Braves after four innings due to tightness in his right side.
Braun just returned from the disabled list last week after being sidelined with a right oblique injury, so this isn’t a good sign. It’s possible that he could require another extended absence.
Braun went 0-for-2 before exiting tonight’s game and is batting .289/.328/.529 with seven home runs and 19 RBI over 31 games this season.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 3
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 351
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (354)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (72)