May 22, 2014, 8:46 PM EST
Some potentially troubling news for the Brewers here, as Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Ryan Braun left tonight’s game against the Braves after four innings due to tightness in his right side.
Braun just returned from the disabled list last week after being sidelined with a right oblique injury, so this isn’t a good sign. It’s possible that he could require another extended absence.
Braun went 0-for-2 before exiting tonight’s game and is batting .289/.328/.529 with seven home runs and 19 RBI over 31 games this season.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)