May 22, 2014, 8:46 PM EST
Some potentially troubling news for the Brewers here, as Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Ryan Braun left tonight’s game against the Braves after four innings due to tightness in his right side.
Braun just returned from the disabled list last week after being sidelined with a right oblique injury, so this isn’t a good sign. It’s possible that he could require another extended absence.
Braun went 0-for-2 before exiting tonight’s game and is batting .289/.328/.529 with seven home runs and 19 RBI over 31 games this season.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)