May 23, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
A little early for the customary Friday drug test results release, but it is a holiday weekend, so I can imagine the vice squad wants to get out of the office a tad early.
Anyway: Atlanta Braves Minor League second baseman Mikey Reynolds has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Methylphenidate, a performance-enhancing substance. Reynolds is currently on the roster of the Single-A Rome Braves of the South Atlantic League.
Still better than Uggla.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 45
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 46
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 60
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)