May 23, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
A little early for the customary Friday drug test results release, but it is a holiday weekend, so I can imagine the vice squad wants to get out of the office a tad early.
Anyway: Atlanta Braves Minor League second baseman Mikey Reynolds has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Methylphenidate, a performance-enhancing substance. Reynolds is currently on the roster of the Single-A Rome Braves of the South Atlantic League.
Still better than Uggla.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)