May 23, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
A little early for the customary Friday drug test results release, but it is a holiday weekend, so I can imagine the vice squad wants to get out of the office a tad early.
Anyway: Atlanta Braves Minor League second baseman Mikey Reynolds has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Methylphenidate, a performance-enhancing substance. Reynolds is currently on the roster of the Single-A Rome Braves of the South Atlantic League.
Still better than Uggla.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)