May 23, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
In a historic meeting of the minds, New Jersey governor Chris Christie went on the Boomer and Carton show and had this to say about his ambitions:
Many believe New Jersey governor Chris Christie is eying a 2016 presidential campaign, but the lifelong Mets fan admitted Friday that he has another dream job in mind.
“I would love to be general manager of the Mets,” he told WFAN radio’s Boomer and Carton show. “If Sandy (Alderson) would put his crap in boxes and get out of there now, I’d be happy to go there now . . . I texted my son after they lost one of the games this week: It is impossible to watch. It is impossible to watch. Just when you care about them as much as I do, it’s hard to watch sometimes.”
Christie’s key to putting the Mets over the top: requiring Mets players to report to the ballpark at 1:30 each day, having his aides close the Queensboro Bridge, the Midtown Tunnel, LaGuardia Airport and the 7 train at 2pm each day, thereby preventing the visiting team from making it in and — due to 81 forfeits, the Mets would skate to an undefeated home record.
That should ensure even the crappiest Mets teams, what, a 110+ win season? That gets them home field in the playoffs, where they’d be assured of at least 4-3 series wins. World Championships would assured if the NL wins the All-Star Game each year, thus giving the Mets home field advantage in the Fall Classic.
Yes, attendance would suck due to the closures, but who wants to go to Mets games anyway? They’e all boring forfeits!
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 272
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (275)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)