May 23, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
In a historic meeting of the minds, New Jersey governor Chris Christie went on the Boomer and Carton show and had this to say about his ambitions:
Many believe New Jersey governor Chris Christie is eying a 2016 presidential campaign, but the lifelong Mets fan admitted Friday that he has another dream job in mind.
“I would love to be general manager of the Mets,” he told WFAN radio’s Boomer and Carton show. “If Sandy (Alderson) would put his crap in boxes and get out of there now, I’d be happy to go there now . . . I texted my son after they lost one of the games this week: It is impossible to watch. It is impossible to watch. Just when you care about them as much as I do, it’s hard to watch sometimes.”
Christie’s key to putting the Mets over the top: requiring Mets players to report to the ballpark at 1:30 each day, having his aides close the Queensboro Bridge, the Midtown Tunnel, LaGuardia Airport and the 7 train at 2pm each day, thereby preventing the visiting team from making it in and — due to 81 forfeits, the Mets would skate to an undefeated home record.
That should ensure even the crappiest Mets teams, what, a 110+ win season? That gets them home field in the playoffs, where they’d be assured of at least 4-3 series wins. World Championships would assured if the NL wins the All-Star Game each year, thus giving the Mets home field advantage in the Fall Classic.
Yes, attendance would suck due to the closures, but who wants to go to Mets games anyway? They’e all boring forfeits!
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 17
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 155
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (155)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)