May 23, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
In a historic meeting of the minds, New Jersey governor Chris Christie went on the Boomer and Carton show and had this to say about his ambitions:
Many believe New Jersey governor Chris Christie is eying a 2016 presidential campaign, but the lifelong Mets fan admitted Friday that he has another dream job in mind.
“I would love to be general manager of the Mets,” he told WFAN radio’s Boomer and Carton show. “If Sandy (Alderson) would put his crap in boxes and get out of there now, I’d be happy to go there now . . . I texted my son after they lost one of the games this week: It is impossible to watch. It is impossible to watch. Just when you care about them as much as I do, it’s hard to watch sometimes.”
Christie’s key to putting the Mets over the top: requiring Mets players to report to the ballpark at 1:30 each day, having his aides close the Queensboro Bridge, the Midtown Tunnel, LaGuardia Airport and the 7 train at 2pm each day, thereby preventing the visiting team from making it in and — due to 81 forfeits, the Mets would skate to an undefeated home record.
That should ensure even the crappiest Mets teams, what, a 110+ win season? That gets them home field in the playoffs, where they’d be assured of at least 4-3 series wins. World Championships would assured if the NL wins the All-Star Game each year, thus giving the Mets home field advantage in the Fall Classic.
Yes, attendance would suck due to the closures, but who wants to go to Mets games anyway? They’e all boring forfeits!
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)