May 23, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
In a historic meeting of the minds, New Jersey governor Chris Christie went on the Boomer and Carton show and had this to say about his ambitions:
Many believe New Jersey governor Chris Christie is eying a 2016 presidential campaign, but the lifelong Mets fan admitted Friday that he has another dream job in mind.
“I would love to be general manager of the Mets,” he told WFAN radio’s Boomer and Carton show. “If Sandy (Alderson) would put his crap in boxes and get out of there now, I’d be happy to go there now . . . I texted my son after they lost one of the games this week: It is impossible to watch. It is impossible to watch. Just when you care about them as much as I do, it’s hard to watch sometimes.”
Christie’s key to putting the Mets over the top: requiring Mets players to report to the ballpark at 1:30 each day, having his aides close the Queensboro Bridge, the Midtown Tunnel, LaGuardia Airport and the 7 train at 2pm each day, thereby preventing the visiting team from making it in and — due to 81 forfeits, the Mets would skate to an undefeated home record.
That should ensure even the crappiest Mets teams, what, a 110+ win season? That gets them home field in the playoffs, where they’d be assured of at least 4-3 series wins. World Championships would assured if the NL wins the All-Star Game each year, thus giving the Mets home field advantage in the Fall Classic.
Yes, attendance would suck due to the closures, but who wants to go to Mets games anyway? They’e all boring forfeits!
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 42
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 92
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)