May 23, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun was held out of Friday’s lineup against the Marlins after experiencing tightness in his right side in Thursday’s series finale against the Braves. Braun has already been on the disabled list with an oblique injury, so the hope was that Braun would not require yet another stint.
Per Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Braun believes himself to be available off the bench tonight and hopes to see his name in Saturday’s starting lineup.
“It’s the same thing I had. I just irritated it, aggravated it a little bit,” said Braun. “I’ll be available tonight and hopefully I’ll be back tomorrow.”
Braun has very clearly been affected by the injury, even after coming off of the disabled list. Since May 13, his first game back, Braun is slashing .212/.235/.364 with a pair of doubles and a solo home run in 34 plate appearances.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 26
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)