May 23, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun was held out of Friday’s lineup against the Marlins after experiencing tightness in his right side in Thursday’s series finale against the Braves. Braun has already been on the disabled list with an oblique injury, so the hope was that Braun would not require yet another stint.
Per Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Braun believes himself to be available off the bench tonight and hopes to see his name in Saturday’s starting lineup.
“It’s the same thing I had. I just irritated it, aggravated it a little bit,” said Braun. “I’ll be available tonight and hopefully I’ll be back tomorrow.”
Braun has very clearly been affected by the injury, even after coming off of the disabled list. Since May 13, his first game back, Braun is slashing .212/.235/.364 with a pair of doubles and a solo home run in 34 plate appearances.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 9
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 177
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (178)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)