May 23, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun was held out of Friday’s lineup against the Marlins after experiencing tightness in his right side in Thursday’s series finale against the Braves. Braun has already been on the disabled list with an oblique injury, so the hope was that Braun would not require yet another stint.
Per Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Braun believes himself to be available off the bench tonight and hopes to see his name in Saturday’s starting lineup.
“It’s the same thing I had. I just irritated it, aggravated it a little bit,” said Braun. “I’ll be available tonight and hopefully I’ll be back tomorrow.”
Braun has very clearly been affected by the injury, even after coming off of the disabled list. Since May 13, his first game back, Braun is slashing .212/.235/.364 with a pair of doubles and a solo home run in 34 plate appearances.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)