May 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Giancarlo strong. Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton punished a 90 MPH fastball from Brewers starter Marco Estrada, sending the pitch to straightaway center field, tying the game up at once apiece. The ball bounced off of the batter’s eye.
Watch the homer in all its glory:
Stanton moves into a tie for the third-most homers in baseball with 13. He trails Jose Abreu and Nelson Cruz (who homered tonight as well) with 15, and is tied with Troy Tulowitzki, Albert Pujols, and Edwin Encarnacion. Stanton is baseball’s RBI leader with 46, three ahead of second-place Cruz. He’s slashing an impressive .313/.405/.604.
Update: Stanton hit another tape measure homer. Make that 14 homers and 47 rib-eyes.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 0
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 167
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (169)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)