May 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Giancarlo strong. Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton punished a 90 MPH fastball from Brewers starter Marco Estrada, sending the pitch to straightaway center field, tying the game up at once apiece. The ball bounced off of the batter’s eye.
Watch the homer in all its glory:
Stanton moves into a tie for the third-most homers in baseball with 13. He trails Jose Abreu and Nelson Cruz (who homered tonight as well) with 15, and is tied with Troy Tulowitzki, Albert Pujols, and Edwin Encarnacion. Stanton is baseball’s RBI leader with 46, three ahead of second-place Cruz. He’s slashing an impressive .313/.405/.604.
Update: Stanton hit another tape measure homer. Make that 14 homers and 47 rib-eyes.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 72
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47