May 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Giancarlo strong. Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton punished a 90 MPH fastball from Brewers starter Marco Estrada, sending the pitch to straightaway center field, tying the game up at once apiece. The ball bounced off of the batter’s eye.
Watch the homer in all its glory:
Stanton moves into a tie for the third-most homers in baseball with 13. He trails Jose Abreu and Nelson Cruz (who homered tonight as well) with 15, and is tied with Troy Tulowitzki, Albert Pujols, and Edwin Encarnacion. Stanton is baseball’s RBI leader with 46, three ahead of second-place Cruz. He’s slashing an impressive .313/.405/.604.
Update: Stanton hit another tape measure homer. Make that 14 homers and 47 rib-eyes.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)