May 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Giancarlo strong. Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton punished a 90 MPH fastball from Brewers starter Marco Estrada, sending the pitch to straightaway center field, tying the game up at once apiece. The ball bounced off of the batter’s eye.
Watch the homer in all its glory:
Stanton moves into a tie for the third-most homers in baseball with 13. He trails Jose Abreu and Nelson Cruz (who homered tonight as well) with 15, and is tied with Troy Tulowitzki, Albert Pujols, and Edwin Encarnacion. Stanton is baseball’s RBI leader with 46, three ahead of second-place Cruz. He’s slashing an impressive .313/.405/.604.
Update: Stanton hit another tape measure homer. Make that 14 homers and 47 rib-eyes.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 62
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 41
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)