May 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Giancarlo strong. Marlins outfielder Giancarlo Stanton punished a 90 MPH fastball from Brewers starter Marco Estrada, sending the pitch to straightaway center field, tying the game up at once apiece. The ball bounced off of the batter’s eye.
Watch the homer in all its glory:
Stanton moves into a tie for the third-most homers in baseball with 13. He trails Jose Abreu and Nelson Cruz (who homered tonight as well) with 15, and is tied with Troy Tulowitzki, Albert Pujols, and Edwin Encarnacion. Stanton is baseball’s RBI leader with 46, three ahead of second-place Cruz. He’s slashing an impressive .313/.405/.604.
Update: Stanton hit another tape measure homer. Make that 14 homers and 47 rib-eyes.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 25
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 33
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (121)